Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Finally Back On Track

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

My claim finally went from development back to decision stage. Was in decision stage for a few moths, went to development as The VA had never received the copies of My comp Exams, and they also needed something from the VA doctor. Now The Va had requested this information the 3rd of September, was received the 10th of September. I verified through Iris follow up. Also I would like to inform the members that I called the 800# mis-information line. Now several weeks ago they have implemented a new update-tracking tool on their system. I spoke to A fellow Vet who gets a 40% disability who explained how this works. This tracking tool now can track medical information received at the the VA hospital and back to the regional office, I believe this is similiar to the E-benifits site. Its is so new, they are still learning and most Haven't grasped how to use the system. I believe they are trying to find a better way to give us better correct information. What they can't do is track where your file is bouncing around the regional office. They confirmed dates when the VA requested my info, response date, and the fact that nothing was needed, everything was finally received. Last friday they told me they my file was waiting for some one from rating to pick it up. So my surprise today when E-benifits stated they had it-it was with the decision team. They said it shouldn't take long as it was almost rated before,then it was determined something was missing. Also my dependency claim will be done as one claim once the main claim has been done!:rolleyes:

Also they deleted and completely removed the suspense date of November 12/2010 once the claim was sent back to the decision stage. It looks they have everything!

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Best of luck to you cool breeze

Thanks for the reply-now maybe they can finish it this time!

Can some tell me how are you seeing the status of your claims on e-benefits. I have had access since July but still do not see anything regarding my claims. Can someone help me.

There are 2 different levels of access. Which one to you have? Hopefully one of our experts will be along shortly to better assist you-I have a higher level which you can get by going into A local VA and applying for. Once you have that you can track claims-see which level it is at, mine is at the 2nd step-decision step which is where you want your claim. The first step is where they gather the information, once that has been completed all exams completed then it is sent to the raters where they assign the percentage. Good luck!

I have level 2 or Premium Account Status. I am the widow of veteran does that make a difference

That is the level needed to track claims!