VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We're Finally Getting There

Rate this question

mssoup1

Question

Got a response back today on my husbands outstanding claims. One claim which has been at the VARO level and the others were remands from the BVA. They said that the claims were finished and that they were just waiting for the final processing of the claims. They also told my husband that they couldn't tell him anything and that he would be receiving the decision in the mail. This we figured. I guess this could be good news or could be bad news. Wish us luck that it is good news that we hear. The BVA remands are almost 8 years old. I would have thought that maybe we would have heard something from his SO since it is at this stage, but haven't heard a word. Not sure we will either. Have always had to wait until we received the decision in the mail to know anything.

Regardless of the decision, thank each and everyone of you for all of your knowledge and expertise you give on this board. Will let you know when he hears something on the decision.

mssoup1

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Guest DON20906

Great idea! VSO's aren't all scum, as some on this board would have you believe! At a minimum the VSO should be able to find out if the news is positive or negative. VA's policy is that the particulars are withheld until all the signatures are dry. VA will then promulgate the decision to you and cc your VSO, if you have one.

If you have a VSO at the location he can find out for you.

Guest morgan

Don,

I, for one, have voiced my opinion about the incompetency of the SOs I have tried to work with, but I have never said they are all scum, and neither do I think anyone here has said, or even implied, that they are all scum. But many of us know incompetent SOs who have caused unnecessary delays and lost benefits.

Why do you have such a bad attitude toward us here at hadit? You seem to offer many derogatory comments to and about our good people. We are here because we need help, and many of us might not know as much as you do, but we don't need the condescending remarks. I would appreciate your toning it down a little.

Morgan

Mssoup1, when the BVA remanded the items, did they instruct the VARO to give them an "expeditious" review? Was the word "expeditious" in the decision?

I can't get past the eight year old remand! We have one that's now five and a half years and no end in sight. I'm thinking I'll need to file a writ with the CVA, along with the other items we're appealing there.

Wow, eight years...

Yes, "expeditious" review was in the remand letter. But, that did no good. It's been back at the RO for 2 1/2 years now and they just now say they are finished with it. I do think a couple of new claims we filed, during this time the remands were back at the RO held up the remand decisions, but it has still taken a long time. We only filed these new claims because they came up during the hearing and in the remand letter we were basically told that we should have the RO take a look at these issues that we brought up, so I filed he claims to get the earliest possible date for the claim.

We were told that any new claims filed during the processing of remanded claims have to be decided before they will make a decision on the remanded claims. I guess that is because if you appeal any of the remanded claims, then the folder cannot go back to the BVA because you still have outstanding claims that have not been decided.

It has been a long 8 years of fighting and I only hope that the outcome is a good one. The last C & P exams he had on the remanded claims sounded like they were written in favor of my husband, but since the VA can come up with all kinds of off the wall stuff to deny a claim on, then who knows what will happen.

I only wish we had a better working relationship with the SO in order to find out information about the status of the claim, but I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. After 8 years of waiting, a few minutes of someone's time wouldn't hurt to at least give us a heads up on the decision made.

Thanks for your help and replies. Will let you know what happens when we hear. Wish us luck with this long journey we have had.

mssoup1