Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Just Had An Odd Thought

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

B)

If I can read the Hanoi newspaper on line- I wonder what the Vietnamese think-since they can do the sameo on line to our news-

and they can see how the VA causes so much grief to veterans, who got injured there or got PTSD there , as well as the same AO problems they have healthwise, not to mention everywhere else the troops have gone.

Of course terrorists and all of the enemys we have in Afganistan and Iraq do that too- I guess Fidel is also on line-

It is a national disgrace as to what veterans put up with at the VA regardless of when and where or how long they served-and an embarassment to our nation when you consider how many other countries know this too.

Maybe this is in wrong topic area-then again we have citizens of the US of A who dont have a single clue as to what you all have to go through to get the acknowledgement of a grateful nation for your sacrifices known as VA comp.

They might watch movies Article 99 or Born on the Fourth- but bad as the VA looked there

ift does not even come close to the truth, does it? ( Unnatural Causes -AO movie- was the closest as it was based on fact)

(There really were rats at the Bronx VAMC- shame they couldn't be used to perform the C & Ps-those rats might have been a lot smarter than the VA dctors)

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

B)

If I can read the Hanoi newspaper on line- I wonder what the Vietnamese think-since they can do the sameo on line to our news-

and they can see how the VA causes so much grief to veterans, who got injured there or got PTSD there , as well as the same AO problems they have healthwise, not to mention everywhere else the troops have gone.

Of course terrorists and all of the enemys we have in Afganistan and Iraq do that too- I guess Fidel is also on line-

It is a national disgrace as to what veterans put up with at the VA regardless of when and where or how long they served-and an embarassment to our nation when you consider how many other countries know this too.

Maybe this is in wrong topic area-then again we have citizens of the US of A who dont have a single clue as to what you all have to go through to get the acknowledgement of a grateful nation for your sacrifices known as VA comp.

They might watch movies Article 99 or Born on the Fourth- but bad as the VA looked there

ift does not even come close to the truth, does it? ( Unnatural Causes -AO movie- was the closest as it was based on fact)

(There really were rats at the Bronx VAMC- shame they couldn't be used to perform the C & Ps-those rats might have been a lot smarter than the VA dctors)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very well said and very true. I know I tend to ramble on about So's, but I truly feel these organizations are supposed to be the voice for veterans and they fail miserably at that function. I believe that the various SO's do this on purpose also, because it would only take a little bit of money and effort to bring the VA to its knees....I don't think a single american would sit idly by and allow this torutre from the VA on our serving men and women. The politicians would be forced to fix things or face being booted in future elections, 'cause democrats and republicans alike understand the value of a volunteer military and a volunteer military can only be maintained if it is desireable to join (and if america knew what they faced after service no amount of money in the world would get a kid to sign up).

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

What you have to realize is that there is NOT another military in the world whose veterans get the kind of benefits we do. Even with all the VA hassles we have to endure, to get what the law says is rightfully ours, we are still better off than the veterans of most other countries.

Terry

What you have to realize is that there is NOT another military in the world whose veterans get the kind of benefits we do. Even with all the VA hassles we have to endure, to get what the law says is rightfully ours, we are still better off than the veterans of most other countries.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's simply not true....most countries like england, germany, spain, etc take very good care of their sick and elderly. Heck, china takes far better care of its citizens then we do....my dad is married to a chinese woman who taught kids at a chinese military base. She was able to retire at age 37 with 75% of her pay and a free house (mind you their pay sucks, but still).

Our country is actually one of the worst on earth at taking care of our sick and eldery....the all mighty dollar is worth more then human life here.

:unsure:

The Bin Ladens calling the U.S. the great Satan in the west makes sense to me now. :blink:

Arch

post-166-1127623482_thumb.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

Jay

You might know about one aspect of China, but you sure don't know about England. I wouldn't call you a liar, as you did me, but I served in the British Army and I know what their benefits are.

Also, we were not talking about how a country looks after its aged, but how they look after veterans.

I will agree that generally speaking most Western countries do better for their aged than does the USA - but not for their VETS.