VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes Planus

Rate this question

RIVER RAT

Question

I got rated a 0% SC for Bi-lateral Pes Planus. Because they noted a 2008 document that I stated no foot pain, but that is not acurate, It statesI have heel pain and shin splints. They did not mention the two surgeons that specialize in foot surgeries and treated me after that date. I pasted what I found required for the 10% rating. "evaluation of 10 percent is granted whenever the weight-bearing line is over or medial to the greater to with inward bowing of the tendon achills, and pain deformation and pain on maninpulation and use of the feet." My question is three other doctors describe my feet as severe flat feet or marked pes planus, marked pronation. I have plantar faciitis heel pain and posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Does having the pain on use and manipulation qualify for the 10% or do you also need the inward bowing of the acilles?

I'm thinking I need to file a notice of disagreement. But, this has been such a long process and getting the 0% SC took over four years and its really hard to keeping pointing out what evidence people are not reading. The Judge read everything and grated the SC but then the rating doesnt even mention some of the evidence the judge noted as the basis for my SC.

Should I file for Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction and plantar faciatis or will those all be part of the Pes Planus

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

There are cases at the BVA which might help you deternine what evidence they need or what evidence they could have ignored that yo can raise on appeal.:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp10/files3/1024388.txt

. "I have plantar faciitis heel pain and posterior tibial tendon dysfunction."Were these conditions spelled out in the original claim as due to the bilateral pes planus?

"They did not mention the two surgeons that specialize in foot surgeries and treated me after that date"

Were they aware of these records?

Would either one or both of these doctors prepare an IMO for you?