VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong Diagnosis?

Rate this question

c-vet1982

Question

I have a very complex case as I was diagnosed with Schizophrenic Reaction Paranoid type back in 1981-1982. I had fallen off my double-bunk bed a few days before complete with my ear gashed, I was e-vaced to a psych-ward and given mass amounts of anti-psychotic drugs Haldol & Cogentin just to name a few in my C-File my observing doctors could not come up with a prognosis either subdural Hematoma (brain-Injury) or psychosis. In my C-File it was decided that in view of suspicion if head injury continued observation of focal neurological sings was recommended but the psychotic diagnosis remained . My point is I feel that I was misdiagnosed & I have stated this in my claim. I have multiple symptoms indicative of PTSD, Depression, Anger, Sleep-Apnea, Apathy, grinding my teeth extreme fatigue. I have a TBI screening coming up pending the outcome I am hoping for a rating, I also have no explaination why or how I missed my last evaluation in 1984. I was pretty messed up then like I am now and possibly denial which is a symptom of TBI...bu

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes I work full time but due to extreme fatigue I could not continue my education and I change jobs a lot as I have problems dealing with people and anger is a major issue as I tend to get irritated the longer I stay at the same job so I tend to wonder around. I guess I am fortunate that my wife is a psych nurse so she helps me but sometimes the kids are too much for me to handle and I have to leave the house sometimes for days at a time I guess I am messed up anger & depression my brother to this day says i came back a different person...

-CP