Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Hit Notification Period...

Rate this question

usmcman001

Question

Just checked eBenefits and my claim for PTSD is in the notification status. What exactly does this mean? How long before I can find out what they rated me at? Also If I choose to appeal decision do I still get back pay for the rating they choose and continue getting paid at that rate until decision on the appeal is finished? Crossing my fingers I get what I deserve. Have faith I did!!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It is hard to say how long it will be. My claim went to notification last 20 October and due to the back log they have no idea when it will be approved. At least your e benefits shows yours is in notification!!. I had a call from Phoenix to inform me that they had made a decision, however it has not hit the desk for the senior rater to sign yet. And with Friday as a holiday, I'm quite sure they are on a holiday stand period.

I can only suggest what members have told me here, just find something to due while this process gets finished. It shouldn't be long. And again there may be a time period, however its just like waiting for it to get to the decision stage-another waiting game.

Best of luck. You may actually get your letter before me as mine is in Phoenix and they have so may files back log they are using trailers for storage.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Well my claim has now been in notification stage for 28 days. As there is a major push to a get claims decision, they get get credit for this; once that happens there is no longer any accountability for the veteran to get closure- a decision or retro. They only get credit for the decisions they make, not for notification stage. So, us folks in that stage are now at there mercy as they also reviewing agent orange claims with a senior rater as well. There are many dept's deciding claims that all get funneled into post determination -ie, another black box. So folks, enjoy the waiting game. Hopefully after I come back from a 2 week vacation I have some news.