Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nvlsp Sent A Complaint For My Claim

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Wanted to let everyone know the the NVLSP, sent me a letter this weekend, stating that the VA was not in compliance with the Nehmer decision when they made my decision back in July stating 0 percent for CAD, even though in their decision it stated that my CAD was service related. I have been back and forth with the AMC and the Philadelphia regional office since then so I am hoping that now with the letter from the NVLSP the VA will be deciding my claim soon. According to their letter the VA must decide on my case by June, 2012 and I must be paid by July 21, 2012. Hopefully this is the end of the road for me.

The person at the NVLSP told me that my claims file was very large. They also told me that when I originally file for my CAD claim back in 1993 and again in 1994, they granted me 30% disabling but non compensational.I was discharged from the hospital with a diagnosis of cardiogenic shock secondary to acute anterior mycardial infarction. A VA examination on Nov 16, 1993 also gave me a diagnosis of CAD

At that time back in 93 my ejection fraction was 36%.

In May of 1995 I was given an Agent Orange examination also with a histoy of CAD denied again at 30% disabling.

Sorry to rant but my question is, I know now that they will go back to the orginal date, but I think that with an ejection of 36% I am hoping to be granted 60% or higher. At the time of my original file date I had 4 children under 18.

I now receive 70% IU since 2008 for my post tramantic stress and loss of hearing.

Any imput would be helpful.

PS I was looking for a rate table for back in 1993 but was unable to find one

Simper FI

Coachchas

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I hope others chime in here as I am not sure, but isnt there a form for claiming dependents?

The Nehmer decision might have them listed correctly but then again, many dependents at time of the Nehmer EEDs might have changed.

My decision correctly shows my daughter as the veteran's dependentchild from the AO EED until he died.

If he had lived,she would have been his dependent until she joined the military.

In other cases dependents could have been born after the Nehmer EED and the AO claim might have been the first one the veteran ever had.

Unfortunately divorces and even dependent spouse deaths occur too, during the course of many past claims that are now Nehmer situations,all requiring a new dependency decision by the VA.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Well Berta, when I filed my original claim in 1993 after my heart attack I am not sure if I was asked about dependents. At that time I had my wife and my 4 children under 18. I did not evn know that I was rated 30% non compensional until the NVLSP told me. I neven got a letter stating that. All I receive back then was a denial letter from the VA, which I still have.

Hears hoping and thanks Berta for the rate table... Hoping I am rated greater than 30 % but I will have to wait and see.

Coachchas