Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Two Sided V.a. Letter

Rate this question

deltaj

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Awhile back in January 2004 a letter arrived from V.A. Regional Office in Ft. Harrison, Montana. I didn't notice then that the letter was two sided. Because I didn't notice that I failed to file a Notice of Disagreement for my husband on some issues outlined in the letter like the fact that V.A. admitted that a July 1990 letter had the wrong rates for a 50% rating less apportionment and the fact that VARO granted an apportionment to his first wife and children effective 3/23/87 after having granted his ex wife an apportionment effective 3/24/86 without notice to him and without him filing a claim for additonal compensation for dependents then. I had sent V.A. a copy of a letter they had sent his first wife awarding her benefits effective 3/24/86 and inquired why V.A.. awarded the first wife benefits without a claim for Additional Compensation for Dependents filed by the veteran. That letter from V.A. to his ex wife was sent to her in 1986 when she was separated from him and in 1990 my husband found that letter to his then ex wife in a closet of the house she and my husband jointly owned after he recovered possession of that house by court order. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR EVERY VETERAN AND EVERY DEPENDENT TO CHECK BOTH SIDES OF EVERY SINGLE LETTER RECEIVED FROM V.A. BECAUSE V.A. IS UTILIZING THIS SNEAKY NEW TACTIC OF TWO SIDED LETTERS AS A MEANS TO CHEAT VETERANS AND THEIR DEPENDENTS OUT OF THEIR APPEAL RIGHTS.

Edited by deltaj

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Boy- that is odd-never heard of this before-

your c file might well reveal that they have only ONE side of the letter and it could be approached by suggesting they failed to send you a complete decision so you could not appeal.

I guess you dont have a vet rep? They would have found this to be very odd from the git go-

It's not the two sided letters that I am most concerned about, it is how to save space, they copy your C-file on both sides and get everything all mixed up and it takes forever to find the other pages on a multiple page report, that is important to your claim.

I've started using the page 1of2 format to all my reports and corespondents with the VA, That way they can't say that they didn't know part of a report or corespondent was missing or lost. I even try to get anything from other sources or people to do the same, It helps emincely in putting things in their proper order.

Jim S.