Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Herbicide Exposure Korea

Rate this question

walt

Question

Hello everone,

I have searched the best I know trying to understand.this.Ao is presumptive for Korea starting1 april 68.If a child with spina bifida is born to a vet with service in Korea ,they are covered starting September, 67..Where is the difference? Please explain.

The RO has asked St. Louis DOD I think for...It states this on ebenefits...".Requested herbicide exposure documents ". Can someone give me their thoughts on this please.?I served tdy twice in areas coveed for ao presumption but I left in Nov. 67 about five months before the presumptive date.What confuses me is if a child is cvered if his Dad served in Sept 67 seems to me the Vet would be covered also.

Also Berta as to the low back pain, you asked if I had an injury.I can not recall any specific injury but had an auto acident while on active duty and broke pelvis in two places.Now have arthrithis,DDD,faucet disease,spondolosis.The cp examineer said it was due to age,But my Sm's are full of lbp since before the accidentin (1975) and has gotten progressively worse to present time.

Thank you all again for the help you give...

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I agree that these dates in the Spinal Bifida regulations for children of Korean AO vets do not make sense.

I wonder if any other Korean vets have questioned the regulation?

I also wonder what info ther VA has of AO use in Korean DMZ area that predates the 1968 regulation date. SOmething triggered that 1967 date.

Have you checked out any new info at the Korean War Project site?

http://www.koreanwar.org/

http://www.koreanwar...tml/dmzvets.htm

"Also Berta as to the low back pain, you asked if I had an injury.I can not recall any specific injury but had an auto acident while on active duty and broke pelvis in two places.Now have arthrithis,DDD,faucet disease,spondolosis.The cp examineer said it was due to age,But my Sm's are full of lbp since before the accidentin (1975) and has gotten progressively worse to present time.

Thank you all again for the help you give..."

Obviously the back claim will probably be denied based on what the C & P examiner said.

Documentation of this accident would help establsh a potential nexus for a back claim but also wllo need good medical evidence to assciate the current back problems wth this inservice accident.

If there is a potential connection between the inservice pelvis situation and your current back disablity, this will take a strong medical opinion that surely will have to come from a doctor outside of the VA as the C & P examiner has not supported the connection here at all.

However,. did the VA decision fully access and consider those inservice medical records?

Do you have a Vet rep?

I fopget whether the back case was denied yet or do you still have time to be able to provide evidence, as the VA might not have considered your SMRs properly.

Edited by Berta