VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Payment Time Frame For Military Retirees?

Rate this question

Irish-7

Question

I filed for Service-Connected Disability in July 2010, then I retired from the Army in September 2010. I had the Comp & Pen Exam in late October 2010 and received my decision in September 2011. Initially, I was awarded 90%, but I was approved for Individual Unemployability in January 2012. I received monthly payments at the 90% rate from OCT 11 to FEB 12. This month was my first at the 100% rate. I still have not been paid from retirement in SEP 10 to award in SEP 11. I realize that the VA had to send my decision to DFAS to obtain a CRDP Audit Sheet. That was accomplished by DEC 11. I am guessing that the process was repeated when I was awarded IU in JAN 12. I am wondering how long this normally takes. I feel that I probably should have been paid for the missing period at the 90% rate after the VA received my CRDP Audit late last year. Then, I would only be missing the difference between 90 and 100% for the first 5 months that I received Compensation. But, since I have not received anything at all, I am anticipating payment at the 100% rate for the first 10 months (they actually skipped a month by giving me an Award Date of 01 NOV 10 when I retired on 30 SEP 10), plus the difference previously mentioned. I am afraid that after all this waiting, I will only get the first 10 months at 90%, then wait even longer for the correction to catch up with me. Are there disabled retirees out there (in a similar situation) that can give me an approximate time frame to expect payment? Please advise. Thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Perhaps I made an error in posting this question at this part of the blog. I see there were lots of people that viewed my entry, but there has been no responses. I cannot image that no one that read this was in a similar situation: retiree, disability decision takes a year, back pay from that time frame received _______________?

I retired in Sept 09, did the BBD program in Feb 09, got my rating 18 Sep 09 at 90% submitted a few new items in Nov 09, got 100% P and T schedular in March 10 and retro from my retired pay hit within 30 days.

Maybe I was just lucky. Salt Lake processes all my stuff.