• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gerd & Ed (Erectile Dysfunction) From Service Connected Medications

Rate this question

alice23

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Everyone,

Even though the RO blew these two SCs off the BVA awarded me secondary GERD and Erectile Dysfunction due to Zoloft, Ativan, Oxy, Fentyl, and everything else I take. I included the meds I take and the manufacturers side effects list. Guess it was too much for them to discount. Now lets see if I get a proper rating for GERD and SMC K $95 for the ED. If anyone has questions or would like help pursuing similar claims please contact me. Thank you.

Mike

Edited by dav_marine72

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Everyone,

Even though the RO blew these two SCs off the BVA awarded me secondary GERD and Erectile Dysfunction due to Zoloft, Ativan, Oxy, Fentyl, and everything else I take. I included the meds I take and the manufacturers side effects list. Guess it was too much for them to discount. Now lets see if I get a proper rating for GERD and SMC K $95 for the ED. If anyone has questions or would like help pursuing similar claims please contact me. Thank you.

Mike

I'm interested in what Meds were causeing GERD. I have Gerd but never knew it could be due to meds. I was successful with ED due to meds. If meds can cause GERD then I wonder if I could also claim my esophogas stricture ring that develops every 5 years or so. It's called a shotsky's ring and is caused by the acid reflux or GERD.

Mil T

I am a little interested in what you have to say as well. While I know medicatitions can cause both problems, it seems to me how much,how often and how long you take a med will have a lot of bearing on getting a problem service connected or not.

Guys.

My GERD is service connected to the rx anti inflammatory meds I take for other service connected issues.

I now take RX meds to keep it under control.

The meds work for the most part but not allways.

The rating for the GERD is 10%.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Everyone,

I have been on 200mg of Zoloft, 3mg of Ativan, 120 MG of OXY long, 90 MG of OXY quick, and steroid inhalers for asthma for the last 8 years. All are for service connections. Almost every med I have ever taking seems to include stomach issues as a side effect. I submitted the side effects docs direct from the pharmaceutical companies and did get my PCP to write that it was at least as likely as not that service connected meds cause my Gerd. RO shot it down and here is what the BVA had to say. Adding as document.

Hadit.doc

Edited by dav_marine72

Hey Everyone,

I have been on 200mg of Zoloft, 3mg of Ativan, 120 MG of OXY long, 90 MG of OXY quick, and steroid inhalers for asthma for the last 8 years. All are for service connections. Almost every med I have ever taking seems to include stomach issues as a side effect. I submitted the side effects docs direct from the pharmaceutical companies and did get my PCP to write that it was at least as likely as not that service connected meds cause my Gerd. RO shot it down and here is what the BVA had to say. Adding as document.

i have asthma and on steriods too, as well as mortin and other stuff the va has given me for pain...maybe it is worth a shot.....

The VA denied my claim in 92 stating my GI problem was due to the meds I was on for the injuries I had in the service.

I was given sent for an MEB and the VA SC the injuries in the same rating. in the next rating letter they said it was not "well grounded."

Some day "when time does allow, I may reopen this claim. I do not know if I will win; but it would be nice.

Hey Everyone,