VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Get My Gerd, Gastritis, Gastric Ulcer, Chronic Diahrrea Increased From 20%

Rate this question

mnjarhead

Question

I recently got rated for these conditions, they grouped it but broke it down for each condition. I dont understand how they can get away with 20% rating. Gastritis came back non comp, gerd 10%, chronic diahrrea 10%, ulcer 10%. The severity is much worse than examiner made it out to be I explained this to them, when I drew progress notes from exam, they didnt like that. These conditions are secondary to migraines NSAIDS they give me every month lol. I got service connection great but not good enough for me, I am currently at 90% from 80%. These conditions go back to 1998. Should I go to my private doc and have her fill questionnaires for conditions? I think I should have came out at 60 combined considering the constant pain even with ppi.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Please read 38 CFR 4.113 and the opening paragraph for 38 CFR 4.114.

I recently got rated for these conditions, they grouped it but broke it down for each condition. I dont understand how they can get away with 20% rating. Gastritis came back non comp, gerd 10%, chronic diahrrea 10%, ulcer 10%. The severity is much worse than examiner made it out to be I explained this to them, when I drew progress notes from exam, they didnt like that. These conditions are secondary to migraines NSAIDS they give me every month lol. I got service connection great but not good enough for me, I am currently at 90% from 80%. These conditions go back to 1998. Should I go to my private doc and have her fill questionnaires for conditions? I think I should have came out at 60 combined considering the constant pain even with ppi.

you do need to send in a 4138 stating that your chronic diarrhea is much worst than the examiner reported.

They may come back and lower it due to the way it should be rated as per the CFR. All of the get one rating.

4.113 Coexisting abdominal conditions.

There are diseases of the digestive system, particularly within the abdomen, which, while differing in the site of pathology, produce a common disability picture characterized in the main by varying degrees of abdominal distress or pain, anemia and disturbances in nutrition. Consequently, certain coexisting diseases in this area, as indicated in the instruction under the title "Diseases of the Digestive System," do not lend themselves to distinct and separate disability evaluations without violating the fundamental principle relating to pyramiding as outlined in 4.14.

4.114 Schedule of ratings -- digestive system.

Ratings under diagnostic codes 7301 to 7329, inclusive, 7331, 7342, and 7345 to 7348 inclusive will not be combined with each other. A single evaluation will be assigned under the diagnostic code which reflects the predominant disability picture, with elevation to the next higher evaluation where the severity of the overall disability warrants such elevation.