Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received The Big Brown Envelope (But Not What I Expected)

Rate this question

Greg88

Question

Received the brown envelope today from the VA, I'm scheduled for 2 C&P exams in Sept., the letter does not have a VA form number on it, it says that they're working on my claim and then list disabilities. The only problem is that disability list is off, it mentions my arms and hands, when it should say legs and feet, it mentions an eye problem but not the one that happens to diabetics which I am. My last C&P was in 1997, they awarded me 100% for diabetes and neuropathy, and uncontrolled diabetes. These C&Ps are for eyes and medical. I found out that the medical is being done by an NP instead of an endocrinologist which surprises me but since I've had type I diabetes for the last 36 years I guess they just checking to see if I'm alive. The medical exam is scheduled for two hours, but what I've been reading NPs only spend a short amount of time on C&Ps, the letter also had a statement saying Where You Should Send What We Need, but the VA never states what they want. I have an appointment with my doctor of 15 years who's been treating me and I'm going to have him write a Nexis letter stating what I have. The question I have is should he included the new problems that have popped up or just read about the ones in the letter.

Thanks

Gregory

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet