Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Question About Sierra Army Depot

Rate this question

CCC

Question

Hey guys. Still chugging along on working on my husband's claims, and I am hitting a stumbling block.

He had several issues when stationed at Sierra Army Depot, but it's not considered a Superfund site, and isn't on the NPL.

I looked around to see if I could find out more information on Sierra, since he had so many issues there, and found several articles about depleted uranium, and also found out that 58,000 acres of SAID was transferred to Honey Lake Conservatory.

Would they have transferred the property to Honey Lake to keep from dealing with the toxic clean up?

Any ideas on this?

Thanks again - y'all are always such a big help.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Have you looked at this link in regards to SIAD: http://www.dtsc.ca.g..._army_depot.cfm

The Fact Sheet Proposed Facility Boundary Change - September 2006 is an interesting read

This is also a good read, and mentions the transfer of land that occurred - it appears that the amount of clean-up of toxic areas depends upon what the future use (when tranferred) will be.

http://www.mckennalo...sory1-26-05.pdf

Edited by USMC5811

I saw that McKenna article earlier tonight, and am going to call them first thing in the morning.

I had not, however, seen the document you mentioned. I glanced at it, and it almost looks like they bought Honey Lake many years ago -- and when they did the land transfer, they actually made it look like they transferred it to Honey Lake because the Army is SO!! ENVIRONMENTALLY!! FRIENDLY!!, when actually they are transferring it to land they already owned.

I have to read more into this. I'm automatically sensing a conspiracy. Let me adjust my tinfoil hat and read this article.

Thanks. :D

• HadIt.com Elder

"He had several issues when stationed at Sierra Army Depot"

Many conditions which present symptoms while on active duty and these symptoms continue after service can be service connected no matter what the etiology. I have a condition that is often regarded as being related to chemical exposure. Do to the fact that symptoms were noted in my SMR I did not have to prove the actual cause of the symptoms. My condition is diagnosed as "idiopathic" in origin.

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/idiopathic

You +1'd this publicly. Undo

idiopathic /id·io·path·ic/ (id″e-o-path´ik) self-originated; occurring without known cause.

Thanks, Hoppy. If that's you in the picture, nice beard! :D

Thanks so much for the info. This is an illuminating process - I go back to his problems in the late 60s, early 70s. He was just a baby then, and I see how many times he went to the doctor for ear pain, and they just ignored it. Gave him some medicine, sent him back out. As a Mom, I would be mortified if they sent my Son out like that, time after time, knowing full well that he was sick. It happened to my husband 45 years ago, and I'm pissed just reading about it.