Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About C & P Exams

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

I hope that I am in the correct forum. I figured that this did not belong in comp and pen. I originally had an orthopedic evaluation at the va and misteriously I noticed an appointment for a comp exam scheduled the day before.(This makes perfect sense). I now have another appointment scheduled and mysteriously have a comp exam set for exactly one moth after the ortho eval. Could this be VA making an honest mistake and not paying attention to the month. The appointment for my eval is Sept 20th but my comp exam is for Oct 19th. Do you guys see it now? The inital was for 22 Dec and the comp inital was schedeled for 21 dec as if they wanted a comp exam before the Ortho docs evaluation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It makes more sense to me that they would schedule the C&P one month after the ortho exam. If they give you the C&P before the ortho exam and the ortho examiner finds evidence that is favorable to your claim then they would need to re-schedule a C&P to rebut the ortho examiner. I doubt the VA would pass up a chance to be in a position to get a quickie rebuttal report. That is not to say the C&P will be unfavorable by design. The C&P examiner could backup the ortho doc.

I do apologize for the delay in my response. I am so confused due having a C&P appointment on my shoulder for the THIRD TIME. I just think that the rater does not feel confident with the C&P examiners notes. The guy was horrible anyway. The good thing is that this examiner is different. Its funny how you file a formal complaint on a physicians assistants treatment and NOW you show some interest in my claim. Thank you for the heads up.