Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred Decision?

Rate this question

Arch

Question

I have received a BS communication from local VARO, it states that 3 claims are "Deferred due to VCAA has not expired" Any one ever hear this story? According to research the VARO can make a decision regardless of VCAA or not? Im composing my NOD at this time, while trying to think positive?? And remembering the VA is here to help :unsure::blink::blink:

Arch Sgt. USAF SAC

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Arch --

What it means that they have deferred ruling on a particular issue becuse they previously gave you one year to submit further evidence. If you have none to submit -- and I find this hard to believe for anyone-- then say so and ask the VA to waive the remaining portion of the VCAA period and make a decision now. Thid eill eotk.

Alec

I now think I know what they mean! I got a letter from Senator Cantwell's office and they refer to the decision in Defferred as (Due Process) After reading other info from some other law crawlers it seems that all the VARO's have given themselves a 60 day period to screw with the claim!

My Highly literate spouse has finished writing and re writing the NOD in "simplest" words so that the DRO/Sapper will be able to read it. I hope I wont have to go legal with these jerks again. I will mail the NOD certified mail tomorrow.

So far got $8000.00 Dollars back pay seems to be calculated correctly and 20%, Im working on the other 80%. Hope I can get at least 50% for spouse to get something after I take a dirt nap. :rolleyes:

Arch Sgt. USAF