Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing Fast Track Claim While Another Claim Is Pending

Rate this question

georgiapapa

Question

I asked some of these questions on another post but I am still unsure as to how to proceed.

I currently have a claim pending and I had my C & P for the claim September 12th. Since I am past the C & P process, I do not want to delay this claim. I recently learned I have IHD and would like to file a new claim for the IHD through the Fast Track process as soon as possible so I can establish the earliest effective date possible. However, before I file my new claim I need some advice from others who have been in this same situation.

Is there anyway to file for IHD now through the Fast Track process and not delay my pending claim?

If it would delay my current claim, is there a way I can file for IHD after my current claim is decided and still establish the earliest effective date for my IHD claim?

I don't mind waiting to file my IHD claim but I want to protect the earliest effective date possible for the IHD claim.

Is it possible for a veteran to file a claim (fast track or normal process) to establish an effective date but ask the VA not to process the new claim until completion of the currently pending claim?

I hope these questions make sense because I am not sure how to proceed with my IHD claim at this point. Your input would be appreciated.

Georgiapapa...

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

My experience in the past is certain RO's do it different than others. In my case I filed an NOD and a few months after that filed for a copy of my c-file and did not seem to effect my nod any. I am pretty sure I filed for another claim also and my RO kept the NOD separate because it was a different claim altogether from the NOD. Again did not seem to slow anything down.

Of course this is a whole new ball game now with ebenefits!

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Other thing you might do is check ebenefits to see where you old claim is and if it is near done my not hurt. But don't just take my advice because I would hate for you to get put all the way back because you filed for IHD.

How long has your other claim been in? Where is it per ebenefits?

Still

Edited by stillhere

Still here,

My old claim is still showing a status of gathering evidence but my RO is slow in updating Ebenefits. I filed my old claim in October 2011, provided all evidence to RO via certified mail in 2011, hand delivered evidence in May 2012 after my RO could not find evidence, had my C & P on September 12th which I think went well but you never can tell. The NP who conducted the C & P accepted all of my documents and after reviewing the documents she said "it looks like your doctors have already conducted the same tests we were going to do so I think this is all I need for my report to the RO." She also said, "you should hear something in about 90 days" which I will believe when it happens.

Georgiapapa...