VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Have Not Received Cola But ?

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I am still waiting on my COLA Adjustment but I got a letter yesterday and it stated

"Cost of Living Adjustments as authorized by Congress are generally updated automatically within our systems. Unfortunately, there are instances when not every claimant's records are properly updated and the changes must be completed manually. We referred your case to a supervisor to have the Dececember 1, 2011 COLA adjustment completed on a priority basis. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while we work toward completing your claim, however, our claim processing priority must rest with completing disability claims with ancillary adjustments made based on our priorities."

Now wasn't that a nice way to say Kiss Off we will get to you when we get to you! I call this being nice and rude at the same time. Just wanted to share the joke!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Still waiting on my COLA, got an IRIS stating "that according to their records I was contact on Jun 22 where they stated that my COLA adjustment would be done in 21 to 30 day and apparently it had not been done but we ask that you give us 5-7 days to make adjustment because your claim folder was hand carried to a supervisor to be processed."

Well we will see what happens in a couple of weeks! I wonder if I will have to wait 10 or 11 months for the new COLA to kick in next year?

Arn't you glad our commander in Chief was on TV just the other day. Stating that agencies should expedite and cut through the red tape, the president didn't want to hear why they couldn't do something he wanted to hear how they were going to get things done.(paraphrased). People are in need!

He is all ready to go full tilt to help people caught in a storm, many of them living in multi million dollar communities. But if your a vet, even if you were a "desert storm vet" (cleaver use of the storm analogy), this administration could care less how long you wait for help(been going on for decades). Serving your country and abusing/using your body up, is just not as noble as living on long Island or the Jersey shore (I know, plenty of normal people are affected just not the rich).

Jay if I ran a major news station, I would be shouting from the rooftops about the way you are being abused/strung along.

Continue to persevere,

Edited by 71M10