VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bcmr Results In!

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

Well after 7 months, I received a partial approval of my request to remove SPN number from DD 214.One usually has 3 years from release of service to file to remove any codes attached to DD 214.It was almost 40 years before I was even aware of this code and the damage it creates until I saw a article from Ed Crosby. Contacted him and he told me how to proceed.It is funny that the records I requested from NPRC that they had originally, but later denied having them were what was used to approve my request.The only difference in the records are the dates of when and where are off by 6 months. So I have requested copies of them for my disability claim. But the three judge panel deceided to waive the 23 yr statue of limitations,approved removal of code from all military records and will issue me a new DD 214 and they also upgraded discharge from General under Honorable Conditions to Honorable Discharge. No change in benefits, only difference besides title is General is in Black and White and Honorable is in shiney Technicolor. Due to how busy they are all this will take months to complete.(Curious to why they are so busy.This was supposedly all done in late 70's.Their only function is to correct Army military records. Each service has their own dept.) Once I receive updated copies, I will go into phase 2 per Eds guidance. So score is 1 win for VA, 1 win for Veteran.Trip to OKC went well, soon to receive several IMOs and even found a Great attorney at the Medical Clinic.Remembered non related surgeries that will fill in timeline on Section 1151 claim. Looking forward to DRO Hearing.(still no 30 day notice of when) I guess sometime in Feb 2013. Hoping Hoppy is Ok and await his comments.BigRed

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet