Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Claim Status?

Rate this question

joeyjoeyb

Question

Here is my timeline. Form 9 filed July 2010. Certified feb 2012. Had face to face with judge on sept 2012 at Atlanta RO. My file had been at the BVA since the 1st of feb 2013. It shows with VLJ since the 8th of feb 2013 but the BVA status line says it has not been picked by a judge yet as of last week. My question is when it does finally get picked by the judge will there be a date change on ebennies or do I have call the status line to find out? The lady on from the stays line said they have nothing to do with ebennies and if I want to get the "real" status just to call.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It appears you have had your hearing. It is my understanding the BVA Judges assign your case to their paralegals and when it is all tabbed and sorted for easy reference, the Judge reviews it and make a final decision. I have been participated in a few hearings and I was told by the Judge the cases are reviewed by date of claim. Oldest first. So when it's your turn it's your turn. I would call and ask politely if they have a time frame. The clerks know how long it should take for a particular Judge to get to your case.

Edited by harleyman

Thanks for the info. I know they are working July 2010 docket numbers. The lady on the status line told me my place in line also has to do with my hearing date which was sep 2012. Not sure what that means.

I am very glad they gave you some information. I am finding that with VA you can get alot more with honey than you can with vinegar (at least that works for me when I am asked for information), just saying. Good luck I hope you hear something very soon.

Edited by harleyman