Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance Time Again

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I went to the Prosthetic Department at my local VA Medical Center as directed by letter I received. I took my damage clothes and was wearing my devices as I do daily. I was ask if I was wear my devices and I told them yes. He wrote on letter that I was wearing devices and said I will make you a copy to keep. I ask him don't you want to see my damage clothing, he said that's not necessary, I said yes it is and I pulled out every thing I brought with me and showed him. He then said ok, I make that copy now. I said first you need to annotate on the letter that you observed my damaged clothing, he said okay and wrote on it and said would you like a copy now and I said yes I would. Veterans, please make sure that they make note of all damage clothing otherwise they could deny you allowance just like they did last year with me. My appeal is still waiting a decision. I was receiving a clothing allowance for over ten years and when they changed to dual allowances I was denied one of them because they stated that it was not noted that I showed damaged clothing even though I did but because it was not noted it was denied so I only received one allowance.

I turned my claim in the first week of June. Their claim is that they are processing so many things that they are processing them in order. I don't get it, it we have a deadline, then they should have a deadline too! I will continue to call until I get some type of answer from them.

Is anyone else who applied for clothing allowance having trouble getting prosthetics Department to process your application? I called this morning and was told the lady that process the clothing allowance has not process any clothing allowances at this time. I ask why and was told it's her decision to process them when she wants to.

Is there a time frame when they have to get them in? We have a deadline, shouldn't they have one as well?

jay, i was under the impression the deadline for turning them in is august 1 every year. and checks are suppose to go out between sept 1 and october 31. that means the applications should be processed in august.

Iceturkee, I thought the same thing but it appears that this prosthetics department has it's own rules and regulations. When they pulled up my application the lady said you submitted it in May 2014 so you might be one of the first when she starts processing them but she probably will start with the single claims first. Then the multiple claims but she doesn't know when the lady will start processing them.

Iceturkee, I thought the same thing but it appears that this prosthetics department has it's own rules and regulations. When they pulled up my application the lady said you submitted it in May 2014 so you might be one of the first when she starts processing them but she probably will start with the single claims first. Then the multiple claims but she doesn't know when the lady will start processing them.

i know you have complained but i would keep at them. that is inexcuseable.