Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retroactive Pay Question And Possible Appeal?

Rate this question

agerlica

Question

So after two years of waiting my husband recived a very odd rating, they award him 50% for his PTSD (Which according to C&P Examiner should have been 70-100% ) 10 % for tinitus, and 10% for scars. They did not service connect his TBI, SLEEP APNEA, Hearing Loss OR LUNG ISSUES DUE TO EXPOSURE, even thought the examiner tied it to evidence in the military medical files. (We have copies of exams). They also did not include myself or our four daughters even though I sent marriage lis., and birth certificates, and dependant form.

1. How long will it take to see a retro payment? The AB8 letter is showing updated in system and claim status shows Notification sent, development letter sent, appeal possible. There is no payment showing on the VA Payment History.

2. Is it going to take an appeal to service connect all of the things that should have been connected to begin with? Do they even read the C&P Exam?????

3. Is it going to take years to add the kids and I? Is the increased payment retroactive to the date he filed claim or to the date we again request to be added?

4. Are they just rushing through the claims that are two years plus to clear the back log with no care towards accuracy????It is very frusterating to wait two years have every medical proffesional tell you that your husband is unable to sustain gainful employment. Have VA examiners tell you their reccomendations, and get a rating that is way below what you guessed worse case scenario might be.

5. How can they logically service connect the tinitus, but not the hearing loss?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet