VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will I Receive Va Disability Compensation And Treatment For Life?

Rate this question

warlord 2007

Question

Hi everyone here at Hadit im new to this forum. I was hoping I could have my question answered here so here we go,

Ok so I received my disability claim last week and they rated me at 70%, also they are paying me as a single veteran with no dependents. Here are my ratings, 30% asthma, 30% migraines, 20% thoracolumbar soliosis with degenerative disc disease, 10% right wrist status post surgery, 10% tinnitus, 10% adjustment disorder with mixed emotions and depressed mood, 0% cervical spine strain, 0% scar right wrist status post surgery, 0% pseudo folliculitis barbae with history of herpes simplex. On my award letter it doesn't say if I have future exams or not, it doesn't say anything. My question is are my disabilities permanent and will I get compensated and treated for life or am I subject to a reevaluation in the future and if so for which disabilities and when? I have been worrying about this since I got my decision any answers greatly appreciated and thank you.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

"My question is are my disabilities permanent and will I get compensated and treated for life or am I subject to a reevaluation in the future and if so for which disabilities and when? I have been worrying about this since I got my decision any answers greatly appreciated and thank you."

The VA can re-eval;uate anyone getting VA comp whose award is not protected by the 20 year rule.They do a re val ,as well, when a veteran reopens a claim or files new claims.

This is the general SOP and I would not worry about that at all.

The VA doesn't deem any disability as permanent unless they have very significant evidence to state that.

It matters however when a vet is either TDIU or 100% SC ...then it is a good idea,if VA doesn't deem them permanent and total in the TDIU or 100% award letter, to file and support a claim for that status (P & T) with strong medical evidence.

Are you employed?

If not what did VA say as to any consideration of TDIU in your case?

Edited by Berta

I Am a USMC radio operator. I have 100% rating IU which is temporary obviously.

They gave me 100% on PTSD. I have been struggling with not only the PTSD but really bad swollen esophagus and IBS issues for years. I also developed 15 new food allergies I never had before. I never put the IBS together with the PTSD in my claim and it wasn't until I came here that I realized that all my GI issues were from Iraq.

I just got my 100% up from 50% within 6 months-8 months.

Should I appeal my claim and add in the IBS issues now? Being that I never claimed them before and I have years of medical documentation It seems like I am deserving of the 30% rating for that.

Is it worth rocking the boat to try and get a better defined rating including all my issues?

If I don't claim them now and wait to claim my ibs in the case that they try to reduce my rating would that work out for me?

Should I apply for Permanent and total disability now? I also heard that it is better to let sleeping dogs lie, bc they can decide to lower my claim if they don't want to give P&T.

I am 30 years old, some said my age would work against me for P&T.

What should I do?

The first thing you should is stay in the first thread you posted.

It helps us keep better track of the questions

You got replies here the other day: