VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva But Have New Secondaries

Rate this question

GatorNavy

Question

I have a BVA hearing coming up this spring. The contentions are service connection for Hepatitis C and TDIU. Since I appealed; I have developed chirrosis because of the HCV. How should the secondaries be handled?

I am already 80% and on SSDI. The RO denied IU on the basis that my Hepatitis C is not service connected. My PCP (VA) filled out a multiple condition questionaire for my SSDI attorney that states I can not work and why. Thanks in advance!

Gator

Edited by GatorNavy

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

What are you hanging the HCV on specifically? If you do not feel comfortable discussing it here, PM me if you would. I've helped about 50+ get a win on this and the last unique one I'm still working on is unsterilized EMG needles in Japan in a civilian setting. The Vet's genotype is 2B which matches the predominant strain there. At 60, your service must have been around the end of the Vietnam Boundary Dispute. Don't forget the new drug Sovaldi. It's the ticket for us IFN-intolerant folks. Success rate is hovering around 85% for the Genotype 2-3 crowd.

a

cp