Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

" The Five " On Fox News

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

They are on now in Phoenix and doing a great job addressing the issues with neglect and death of Veterans. Check it out it is really good and they covered it for 15 minutes. Very Pro Veterans. JC

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nice to hear it is getting media attention.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I listened to story on "The Five" at FOX news. There was total agreement by all of the commentators (Republicans and Democrat) that the situation at the Phoenix VAMC as well as other VAMCs is shameful, disgusting and disgraceful. I applaud all of the FOX news commentators for being on top of this story. It will be interesting to see how many other news outlets give this story the time it deserves.

People should not only lose their jobs but should also be prosecuted.

I know some of you may disagree but personally I wish all veterans could be placed under the CHAMPVA system. My wife and my mother are both under CHAMPVA and have never had any problems with CHAMPVA. Although a few healthcare providers are not familiar with CHAMPVA, my wife and mother have never had any problems getting a timely appointment with any private doctors or hospitals. IMHO, CHAMPVA is the best insurance you can have. No premiums and $50.00 annual deductible. My mother also uses the CHAMPVA "Meds by Mail" and gets her prescriptions filled free of charge. If the veterans in the Phoenix VAMC debacle had been given CHAMPVA they would have received quality medicare care in a timely manner and many would still be alive.

Georgiapapa

Live in Phoenix and agree. Better yet , keep the eye, ear, dental etc clinics and send all these veterans to the local physicians and hospitals for everything bigger than a bread basket. I am sure they would welcome the business and I think Vets would be so much more compliant with their care regiments. JC