Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With My Claim......thanks!

Rate this question

Ken8651

Question

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. It's great to see so many brother and sister out here trying to help each other out, can someone please help with my questions. I just have few question about my claim, First, since I keep going in and see doctor for my headache, back pain, feet and other problems, now the doctor setting me up to see a doctor for Fibromyalgia, but I been told that if you have so many symptoms of Fibromyalgia ( that have already been SC) that the VA will group those individual ratings together for 1 rating. And the highest I can get for Fibromyalgia is 40%, is that true. Since my appointment is next week, should I cancel it? Second question, now the VA doctor treating me for sleep Apena, and I told the doctor it could be because of my headache and back pain that how I developed Sleep Apena, can I file that as a claim as Secondary to my back pain and headache, if so, should I file it ASAP or wait until the appeal is done, but I'm thinking the appeal could takes years, I will be losing out all those money if I wait until then to file it.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

First what are you service connected for?

VA should rate them separately and if they don't then file an appeal on the decision.

CFR 38 3.310(a) A discrete disability that is caused by a service-connected disability entitles a veteran to service-connection for it.

For your sleep apnea you will need a doctor's statement that says your sleep apnea is cause by or the results of or is aggravated by your service connected condition.

Migaines do not cause sleep apnea but sleep apnea can aggravate your migraines.