Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And P&t Continued

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I have to say I was getting a little scared after receiving a letter in January for a possible reduction in my ratings. I received TDIU in 2009 and P&T in 2013. I was in a bad place and went back to work thinking that was the answer. I was able to stay employed for a while but had issues at work and was miserable overall because of the severe pain and stress. I stopped working in January after being fired. I had received my ratings review letter only a week prior. Thankfully I was able to reinstate my SSDI because I was still under the probation period. Then I ended up firing my lawyers because of dropping the ball here and there. They told me they put in for a hearing for the ratings reduction. I received an email at about 11am this morning stating they didn't represent me on the reduction and did not re-call having a conversation with me about a hearing. I thought for sure I was sunk.

This all while I have 6 appeals ongoing from joint remands at the USCAVC back to 2000. Anyway the mail came about a half hour ago. The brown envelope was in there. I was hesitant to open it but relieved at their decision. Apparently on May 22 they did a special review of my file which was mandated. Not sure from where or who. However, they stated I still remain unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of my service connected disabilities, therefore TDIU and P&T entitlements are continued. Sigh of relief. Now back to my appeals!

Edited by dav_marine72

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use