VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And P&t Continued

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I have to say I was getting a little scared after receiving a letter in January for a possible reduction in my ratings. I received TDIU in 2009 and P&T in 2013. I was in a bad place and went back to work thinking that was the answer. I was able to stay employed for a while but had issues at work and was miserable overall because of the severe pain and stress. I stopped working in January after being fired. I had received my ratings review letter only a week prior. Thankfully I was able to reinstate my SSDI because I was still under the probation period. Then I ended up firing my lawyers because of dropping the ball here and there. They told me they put in for a hearing for the ratings reduction. I received an email at about 11am this morning stating they didn't represent me on the reduction and did not re-call having a conversation with me about a hearing. I thought for sure I was sunk.

This all while I have 6 appeals ongoing from joint remands at the USCAVC back to 2000. Anyway the mail came about a half hour ago. The brown envelope was in there. I was hesitant to open it but relieved at their decision. Apparently on May 22 they did a special review of my file which was mandated. Not sure from where or who. However, they stated I still remain unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of my service connected disabilities, therefore TDIU and P&T entitlements are continued. Sigh of relief. Now back to my appeals!

Edited by dav_marine72

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use