Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hbp Cauing Retinopathy Granted Seconday To Diabetes Mellitus

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

Vets often fail to realise how many secondary conditions they can get secondary SC for due to DM II.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp05/files2/0509997.txt

I have a vet who is in same criteria as this claimant- the VA did award him 40% months back- they forgot the rest of the award- it should be 100%-

They are working on that. He has cataracts from the diabetes and has had two heart stints.And an SSA award for the SC diabetes.

This above decision shows the steps needed to medically associate HBP to DMII:

no other known NSC etiology for HBP

and direct medical nexus of the HBP to the DMII---

dont forget -HBP is well known to the VA to be potentially secondary to DMII as their DMII Training letter

(posted at the old hadit) reveals.

ratable skin disorders, ED, vision problems, PN, heart and brain trauma if vascular disease, etc etc-

numerous conditions are able to be service connected on secondary basis to DMII.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Vets often fail to realise how many secondary conditions they can get secondary SC for due to DM II.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp05/files2/0509997.txt

I have a vet who is in same criteria as this claimant- the VA did award him 40% months back- they forgot the rest of the award- it should be 100%-

They are working on that. He has cataracts from the diabetes and has had two heart stints.And an SSA award for the SC diabetes.

This above decision shows the steps needed to medically associate HBP to DMII:

no other known NSC etiology for HBP

and direct medical nexus of the HBP to the DMII---

dont forget -HBP is well known to the VA to be potentially secondary to DMII as their DMII Training letter

(posted at the old hadit) reveals.

ratable skin disorders, ED, vision problems, PN, heart and brain trauma if vascular disease, etc etc-

numerous conditions are able to be service connected on secondary basis to DMII.

B) I was diagnosed with diabetes type II at the time I had a silent heart attack, my eyes are blurry 40% of the time I have cataracts on both eyes they said small and beginning?? I was rated 60% 10% for each limb neouropthy tingling in legs, feet, arms and hands. 20% for diabetes 10% ptsd. Each time I call to check on clain they tell me it is at review board. Their question has been which came first the diabetes or

the heart disease. I have researched for over a year and everything I have sent them says that diabetes is (IS) the leading cause of eye troubles, feet troubles and heart disease and attacks (silent ones like mine.)

I think they are waiting on my death----OPPS we don't have to worry about MikeG anymore.. Good Luck and

GOD BLESS MikeG>

Mike- you are right and as you said- silent ischemia (a heart attack without much pain due to diabetic neutopathy) is often the first major symptom of diabetes-

There is a wealth of info on the net regarding this condition as symptomatic of diabetes-

also any candidia, (thrush), foot problems, and certainly cataracts are most likely due to long standing diabetes-

All in VA's DMII training letter-they know it -but the claimant has to list all their conditions in the claim for anything secondary to DMII.