Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Idiopathic Guttate Hypomaelanosis

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

Has anyone been diagnosed with a skin disease called "Idiopathic Guttate Hypomaelanosis" and rated by the VA for this aliment. The reason why I asked this question is because my new Dermatologist said that I have this disease. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse :unsure:

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Chief --

It can be rated under the new regs for skin conditions, provided you have evidence of occurrence in service and a nexus opinion connecting whatever you have today was what you had in service for direct service connection; or, for secondary service connectde, if it is due to meds yyou take for direct service connected disailities.

Alex

Greetings

As you can see from the list below that I have several medical problems. All are service connected except OSA which I have a claim pending. I really don't know how I got this skin rash problem. I don't spend very much time in sunlight, yet this skin problem (Idiopathic Guttate Hypomaelanosis) is affecting my legs, back, chest, arms and legs. Yes, it could be a reaction from varies medication that I've taken over the years or something other than Idiopathic Guttate Hypomaelanosis.

Hypertension, Nasal Congestion, Post Nasal Drip, Sinus Infection, Retention Cyst Left Maxillary Sinus, Sinusitis, Asthmatic Bronchitis, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Sore Throat Problems, Viral Hepatitis (HCV), Allergic Rhinitis, Head Congestion, Skin Rash, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Proteinuria Problem, Degenerative Disk Disease, Neurological Problem (pain and numbness in legs, feet, hands, and arms)

Medications:

CONTINUOUS AIRWAY PRESSURE (CPAP) MACHINE (8 CM H2O)

LISINOPRIL-PO 40MG TAB

METOPROLOL-PO 50MG TAB

FELODIPINE-PO 10MG TBSR

FLUTICASONE (FLOVENT EQ) 44 MCG INH

ALBUTEROL MDI-INH 90 MCG AERP

CROMOLYN-PO 800MCG/DOSE INHA

NAPROXEN-PO 500MG TAB

FEXOFENADINE-PO (ALEGRA)180 MG TAB

GUAIFENESIN (MUCINEX EQ)-PO 600MG TBSR

FLONASE EQ (FLUTICASONE) 0.05% 16GM INH

OLOPATADINE HCL (PATANOL EQ) 0.1% SOLN

CARBOXYMET (REFRESH PLUS EQ) 0.5 % OPT SLN

HYDROCORTISONE (WESTCORT EQ) .2% CRM 15 GM

TRIAMCINOLONE 0.1% IN EUCERIN-TOP LOTN

PROTOPIC (Tacrolimus Ointment)

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

:rolleyes:

Yes, the picture in the attachment illustrate my condition. I don't know how I got it and how to keep it from continueing to invade my body. I've taken four types of creams and lotions to help relieve the problem but these things get popping up.

Idiopathic Guttate Hypomaelanosis is this it?

http://www.skinatlas.com/hypomelangut.htm

Not stated in this link, but their may be a link to this type of skin affliction by those taking certain drugs, Some drugs have wornings about sun exposure, although they usually don't specify what damage may occur.

I am a middle age male and have the same problem, Mine on the other hand may be associated with an autoimmune disease, that increases in effect when I spend to much time in direct sun light. I'm supposed to cover up and use a certain type of sunglasses to limit my exposure through my eyes.

It may be hard to prove SC unless you can show some link to a disease or as a resort of a non natural exposure event.

I wish you good luck

Jim S.

• In Memoriam

Chief --

It can be rated under the new regs for skin conditions, provided you have evidence of occurrence in service and a nexus opinion connecting whatever you have today was what you had in service for direct service connection; or, for secondary service connectde, if it is due to meds yyou take for direct service connected disailities.

Alex