Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Format,

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

No one ever sees the claim as it is written and leads to a winning claim. We always get bits and pieces letting us know of the win and that is about it.

I'm wondering if their is some form or steps or something that allows one to put in writing a well thought out claim that even the VARO would have a hard time finding flaws, in which to deny the claim.

Example, Not to be used;

A. Disability for which Compensation and/or Pension is sought.

1. Records that support incurrance in service or one year from discharge

a. Chronological list of addition records supporting disability

B. Treatment showing continuety

a. List of effects on self and work with supporting letters etc.

You get my point, something that helps one so they aren't just hoping they have all the bases covered.

I know in math their is a formua and in English their is a format to follow in a book report or letter. and even in law their are generic forms for just about everything. Even Social Security has an endepth questionaire that can be filled out to assit in the claims process. Why not for our claim to the VA?

Jim S. :unsure:

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• In Memoriam

Jim ---

One things I teach to classes of service reps I is to go to the diagnostic code and line up your symm\ptoms to support the ratings. Explaining how your symptoms have made you socially and industrially less functional is always a good thing to sstress. Do not do what Comrde Sledge did and say that your disability affects your ability to wow the girls on you water-skiing.

Alex