VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poor C&p For Low Back?

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello All:

My son had his C&P for his low back yesterday. I went with him. IN my opion i think it was done very poorly..

The Dr who did the exam did this.

Checked his heart, Lungs, Hit him on his knees and ankles, Checked his pedal pulses. Measured the scar from his back surgery. Ask a few questions about if he could bend over and if it hurt? What type of work he did before the surgery ??, Answer Mechanic. And what did the surgeon tell you about your type of work?? , Answer he said that i wouln't be able to go back to this type of work.

When did you injure your back, and How. Did you ever have any injuries on any job other that the Military? Answer, No!!

The Dr. Did no ROM!!!, Didn't ask if he was in pain at this point.

Ended in about 15-20 mins then told us his report would go to the Rating board and we should hear from them by the first of December!!

Then sent him for an Xray.

So what do you think??

Thanks, Jessie

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Guest terrysturgis

jessie, don't forget to go to the records office and request a copy of the exam. Gives you something to read during your wait. I found my exam reports helpful. Take care. Terry Sturgis

jessie, don't forget to go to the records office and request a copy of the exam. Gives you something to read during your wait. I found my exam reports helpful. Take care. Terry Sturgis

Thanks Terry:

We did go an request the copy of the C&P before we left.

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

Jessie0054,

All of the questions that the doctor asked are pretty standard. However, if the doctor did not measure any range of motion and/or did not ask to see any medical records about your son's incapacitating episodes, then the exam is insufficient for rating purposes! Get a copy of the exam from the VAMC and look on it if the doctor did write any measurements down or commented on the incapacitating episodes. If he did, write a letter immediately to your regional office and tell them that the doctor didn't do any ROM measurements and didn't have the documentaion to comment on the incapacitataing episodes. Further, tell the RO that what the doctor had written in the exam is fictional and is insufficient for rating purposes. Once the RO catches wind of this, they should schedule another C&P, or ask the doctor who conducted the exam for clarification. If you don't let the RO know about this, then they have know way of knowing what happened and will rate you claim with the information from that exam.

Vike 17

Jessie0054,

All of the questions that the doctor asked are pretty standard. However, if the doctor did not measure any range of motion and/or did not ask to see any medical records about your son's incapacitating episodes, then the exam is insufficient for rating purposes! Get a copy of the exam from the VAMC and look on it if the doctor did write any measurements down or commented on the incapacitating episodes. If he did, write a letter immediately to your regional office and tell them that the doctor didn't do any ROM measurements and didn't have the documentaion to comment on the incapacitataing episodes. Further, tell the RO that what the doctor had written in the exam is fictional and is insufficient for rating purposes. Once the RO catches wind of this, they should schedule another C&P, or ask the doctor who conducted the exam for clarification. If you don't let the RO know about this, then they have know way of knowing what happened and will rate you claim with the information from that exam.

Vike 17

Thanks Vike:

I called my son's SO right after the exam and told him about the Exam and that the DR did no ROM . He said lets wait and see what the Rating Board says!!

I did have my sons records with us and at one point i gave him the Neruosurgeons Operation report that went into pretty much detail of the Back Surgery and the statement that a " Large Chunk" of the vertabrae had broken off and was embebbed into the nerve.

Maybe this DR had read all the records before hand and knew already that my son had not been able to work since July 2005 and spent from nearly all that time from July o5 until March 06 in bed because of the pain..

We did go to Medical records before we left and ask for a copy of the C&P report.

Jessie