Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E- Benefits Help

Rate this question

snowshovel

Question

Greetings fellow Veterans,

I just filed my claim back in September, I had my C&P on 1 December and my audiogram on 3 December. This last Friday my status on E benefits went from Preparing for notification to showing me rated at 40% this morning, when I go to access my documents/download VA letters. And my status did not go to Complete, it instead went back to Review of Evidence, does that mean there is still hope that I will be rated higher than 40%? I have not received my letter in the mail yet stating what they rated what at.

Is there a way on E benefits to see what they rated each claim at? Or do I have to wait for the letter in the mail?

After 24 years of crawling around under F-15's I know I sacrificed more than 40% of my body to the F-15 gods so here is hoping.

I have read others on here saying not to put too much merit on what E benefits says initially until you get your letter I think I am just trying to prepare myself mentally for a fight and am used to get screwed by the Government haha.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

5 answers to this question

Congratulations on the 40%

What you have described sounds like they deferred or put off deciding on one or more issues.

There is an easy way to see what they have rated you at in E benefits. Just start a new claim for disability compensation. Proceed through the pages until you get to the disability section. There it will tell you what your current percentages are.

Thanks for the quick response, should I wait to get my letter before I do what you suggested so I know what to claim on the new claim? Or is what you are talking about doing just a preliminary step and you don't actually submit the new claim?

I didn't do my initial claim via the website and those forms, I went in and sat down with the VA rep in Boise.

Also why would they "defer" or put off making a decision on a part of the claim? Sorry all the lingo and acronyms are foreign to me.

Thanks

Edited by snowshovel

No, no do not click the SUBMIT button on the last page!

Just exit out after you look at your percentages in the "disability" section.

You can start the new claim now just to look at the percentages. You don't need to wait for the letter.

Sometimes they defer something if it is going to take longer to decide than the rest of the claim.

Good useful info NavyWife.