Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebennies "update Frequency"

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

How often is eBennies updated? I opened a claim informally by phone on June 30, 2014. My VSO submitted the fully-developed claim November 17, 2014 and as yet the VA is still in evidence gathering mode (where it was before we submitted the claim). The VSO said it takes about 23 days for a contractor to scan in the claim and submit it to the VA.

Does it make sense to check twice daily.... or do they update once a day... once a month?

Thanks for any insight into this mystery.

Snake Eyes
SFC, USA (Ret)

90% -- Still breathing :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought I had it bad.... 'till I looked around me."

Your "Benefit Summary Letter" usually has a section that indicates whether your disability is "permanent." The "Benefits Summary Letter" is different from your "Benefits Verification Letter."

Any of those downloadable letters should indicate the percentage. I'd download the summary letter first, as that is most likely what will include "magic words" about whether it is permanent. Some clues include, "No future exams are scheduled" or "Entitlement to Chapter 35 is confirmed" or words to that effect.

Thanks for the encouragement re: not checking daily. Based on experience from my last FDC claim, it was "completed" before the C&P exams took place. That doesn't appear to be happening this time. Last time, the claim was decided within a month or so of the last C&P exam (which was done by a contractor). The C&P next week is being done at the VA Medical Center. Slower or faster than contractor? I don't know, but I'd think faster since they're entering it directly into their system rather than waiting for a report from an outside source.

Snake Eyes
SFC, USA (Ret)

90% -- Still breathing :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought I had it bad.... 'till I looked around me."