VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got My Denial Letter From The Va

Rate this question

Shalia

Question

Denied for TDIU based on "wasn't shown you are unable to work based on SC disabilities".

I don't get how I can fight this? I already SHOWED that. I've been out of work. I showed at my last job that I missed more than 1/3 of each YEAR due to my SC disability. With paystubs to prove it. (Showing short term disability and sick leave.) They've seen my GAF score which hasn't been higher than a 40 in three years. They have my hospitalization records, which show I've been hospitalized 7 times in three years.

All I could *assume* was that they were saying "you go to school, ergo, you could work" but they don't seem to be saying that. Can I assume this was the crappy C&P exam I had that reared it's ugly head? Can I demand another exam saying I have two doctors (one VA, one a private doctor of my own) that say I can't work, and only one C&P examiner that seems to think I can? I have no clue what to do here.

How do I fight this ruling?

For the record, this is what they have me with now.

Bipolar 70%

TMJ 20%

Post surgery pain in right knee 10%

Carpal tunnel right hand 10%

Epicondylitis Right 10%

In VA math this equals 80%.

I now have letters from all my professors talking about my emotional lability in classes and my poor attendance based on psychological issues. But if that's not what they denied me for, I don't even know if that will help! HELP. What do I do? The thought of going back to work makes me panic. (But apparently panic disorder doesn't get to be it's own condition, that's under bipolar... *sigh*)

I'm so frustrated. Our family is at the point where I'm going to have to quit school and try and work again to survive financially, but then I'll lose both voc rehab AND any chance at IU and I'll probably just go crazy again. B) I have no clue what to do, how to fight, if I have any chance at winning, and even what tactics to try to win against them. I'm so frustrated... I want to cry.

Shalia

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet