Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Motion to Advance Docket"?, etc.

Rate this question

byjomat

Question

I've had an "1151" pending for more than four (4) years for malpractice and negligence with VA Health System in Los Angeles.  Filed Tort action...with no success.

Also, I've written to Allison Hickey's office...and, received an immediate response.  The status is awaiting a formal DRO (Decision Review Officer) meeting...not quite sure what this means?  Waiting for me claim to be certified by BVA?  Accordingly, BVA is telling me I could request a "Motion to Advance Docket" for financial hardship...and, I'm approaching 3/4 of a century in years.  Anybody familiar with this motion...and, its success rate?  Thank you.  In the past my "former" VSO filed a C.U.E....which was denied? 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

A DRO review means that your case is not at the BVA yet.  Four years is a long time to still be at the DRO level....way, way too long, especially for a 75 year old.   

The VA reguraly grants "advance on the docket" to people over 75.  Unfortuantely, you have not even reached the BVA yet if you are awaiting DRO review.  What did Allison's office say?  

When I contacted Allison I got a quick response from my VARO director.  

Someone needs to get on the phone to your VARO, and not stop calling until they figure out why your decision has been delayed 4 years.  Do you have a representative, such as a VSO?  Did you contact him or her?  What did they say?  If you do have a VSO they dropped the ball.  

Unfortunately the way you got treated is "normal" for VA.  

Maybe Berta will make some calls for you.  Or Alex.  At a minimum you deserve a DRO decision.  Then its 4 more years to go to the BVA..unless you get an advance on the docket.  Who told you about the advance on the docket?