Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interesting Hadit Article - Representation and Ability to Record

Rate this question

green

Question

I just read the linked article and found it very interesting.  In particular the General Counsel's decision to look for language that would allow a Vet to have Legal Representation accompany them or allow a vet to record an appointment.  The decision was was based on there being no statutory language that allowed/suggested the idea of accompanying representation or the use of a recording device neither could be allowed.  They didn't take the perspective that since it wasn't specifically prohibited it could be allowed (which I believe they should have in this situation).  Something is seriously broken in this interpretation.....

http://www.hadit.com/failure-to-submit-to-medical-examination-insistence-on-the-presence-of-an-attorney-and-use-of-a-recording-device/

Green

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

7 hours ago, green said:

I just read the linked article and found it very interesting.  In particular the General Counsel's decision to look for language that would allow a Vet to have Legal Representation accompany them or allow a vet to record an appointment.  The decision was was based on there being no statutory language that allowed/suggested the idea of accompanying representation or the use of a recording device neither could be allowed.  They didn't take the perspective that since it wasn't specifically prohibited it could be allowed (which I believe they should have in this situation).  Something is seriously broken in this interpretation.....

http://www.hadit.com/failure-to-submit-to-medical-examination-insistence-on-the-presence-of-an-attorney-and-use-of-a-recording-device/

Much has changed in the following 25years since that article.  I record when I feel the need (SC short term memory issues).  Also, please remember that Federal Law and State Law trumps any and all "policies" that the Va may try to institute.