VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnostic Codes

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

I posted a great detailed description of what is in the new VBM about this-

that went into hyperspace last week-

Basically -if your ratings codes on the decisions, even NSC stuff (which could always become SC)

you have to challenge these codes if you have filed a claim regarding the disability.

My lengthy and provocative post in hyperspace used Rod as an example:

His cerebral problems (my IMO says is due to AO) were listed at 90% in a over 100% NSC rating-

in a 1997 decision.

When I read what the codes were for- on this -they had used a code for dementia

yet the statement was 'upper extremity involvement'

another one for lower extremeity loss of use of - was coded all wrong-

Changes in or errors in Diagnostic Codes can cost the veteran money- as VBM correctly shows.

They advise that the most favorable diagnostic code can be revealed as to the "location" of the condition or based "on the symptoms of the condition".

When it comes to "combining" in VA math , the new VBM makes the point that a combined percentage could be more money in the rating- only if the codes are actually correct.

I had posted a link- that vanaished -it was an example where the vet should have gotten 100% SC but their mistake in diagnostic codes cost the vet money until he realised it and I guess he NODDed it in time or- if year NOD passed, he could CUE it.

Berta ---- I advise anyone with a complex claim or considering a CUE should buy the new VBM (104.00 plus tax through Lexis Nexis)

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Berta you are absolutely correct. Improper coding of a claim can cost the Vet thousands of dollars.That is what I am currently working on my claim. Mis-applying codes seems to be pretty routine for the VA.

Pearl

Edited by pearl