Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

How to receive Health care if your 100% disabled

Rate this question

Torie S


Hello! New to forum. I have some questions about 100% disability. My husband has  been awarded 100% and we should receive his letter in the next month or two. We will be moving to a different state and will have access to a Veterans Hospital about 40 miles from home. However, my husband has severe heart failure and is only 46 and needs regular health care and occasional emergency care (when he gets defibrillated during non office hours). How will we go about receiving emergency care? Ambulance service? Specialized cardiac care? Transplant?

Is he required to go to the VA or can we receive medical care through a private physician?

Will the VA pay for his medical bills?

Do we need private insurance?

Also, if neither of us are working and we have young children would we qualify for Medicaid?

Please respond with information or a place we could look for answers. Thank you so much.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use