VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Surgery complications rating? Other ratings?

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

**I'm under a year out** Sorry if this has been asked I didn't find anything similar. So I filed for surgery complications, I had a nasal surgery to unblock my nose while in. It didn't work and 3 years later my nose is still obstructed just like it was post surgery. I showed the C&P examiner and he saw or heard my nose being blocked as it was before the surgery, should I expect a rating for that, ill be happy with another surgery tbh? Also after the surgery there was a complication in which I almost died due to incompetence of the nursing staff, after that event I have anxiety like symptoms, i have my psych eval coming up next week. Would that event be in my file, my fear is they would omit it because I didn't die, but practically my whole chain of command knew about it and was there when I woke up, so I'm sure it was documented.. Hopefully, if not I'm screwed.  

Edited by snow1wave

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Also my private doctor diagnosed me with osteoarthritis of the lumbar spine, like all private doctors he didn't want to fill out the DBQ. But gave me some prescriptions that I showed the examiner, he tested my rom and sure enough he said my ROM was pretty bad. I was examined for a back issue while still in, so theres documented proof I had back issues while still in service. The VA called me the next day asking for the doctor's office I visited in order to get the X-rays from them, which they cant because of hippa, they haven't asked me to retrieve them myself, so how would that work? If they dont have X-rays would they still rate me? 

1 more question, my Pseudofolliculitis barbae is really bad, and he stated it was pretty bad. I need the laser treatment every 4 years,  which is coming up. If I'm rated for it, could I get the laser treatment through the VA? And also, should I file for facial scars, there are permanent facial scars, and it impairs my ability to grow a james harden beard.  

Try being a little proactive and get what is needed.  The more you wait to be told,  the more frustrating and time.