Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hep C Treatment

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings and Merry Christmas

I'm currently rated 20% for Hep C. I've had this disease for over 30 years and it was identifed while on active duty. Well, I failed my third treatment session to remove or control Hep C from destorying my liver. Anyway, this third try has cause my liver viral load count to incease (1 million to 3 million) versus reducing it after the first four months. For those of you who have undergone this Hep C treatment know that its a very painful and diffecult process. I filed a claim for an increase with the VA in Sept 06 when I started this third round of treatments but was told (via email) that they have not reviewed my claim yet. I can only wait and see what is next.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Edited by chiefhouse00

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I am also a non responder for peg intron. they finally pulled me off when i became depressed.

The Va does not understand Viral Hep C. To Increase from 20% is next to impossible. Good Luck in your attempt. I have a Civilian Doctor who writes textbooks on Hep C. He wrote the letter that got me service connected. I feel better knowing if I were to Die of Hep C at least my wife could collect DIC.

I realize this doesn't answer your question, but to let you know that others are going through the same.

welcome home

tom