VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change In Award After Completing Iu Application

Rate this question

Anthony

Question

At the VA's request in July 2005 I went for my review of my disablity. As a result my rating went from 50% to 70% and I was asked to complete the application for IU since my disablity affects my employment in the main stream of society.

I am self-employed with a net income in 2004 of $3,882. My schedule C was attached to the application. All questions honestly answered.

I have heard nothing from the VA as of today but tonight checked my "RAS" online and my pay has been changed. My VA Waiver is less than it was at 50% and now I have taxable income effective Nov. 1, 2005.

What happened? Too late to call my VFW rep today.

Any input would be appreciated. I am really stressed now.

Thanks for having a place for vets to get the info they need.

Anthony

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest Jim S.

I'm not totally sure, but might they have read your figure of $3,882 as a higher dollar amount, misreading the coma placement. Less than $4 thousand a year, how did you survive on that? I would certainly check with accounting on this, someone may have made a mistake.

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as your income is not substantial you have nothing to worry about. You should hear from the VA soon about your claim but I am guessing.

Anthony- if the VA erred in your comp amount-

and believe me I have had plenty of math errors in my awards-

Send the VARO a letter asking them to either explain or adjust their figures.

Send them copies of the award and their figures and anything to support this too as, even if you sent it all already with the TDIU form-and , if they erred- someone who actually knows how to do math will fix it.

There requests are usually sent right over to Finance and should not take too long to be fixed.Mine only took 3-4 weeks to be rectified.

If you get an audit on your award letters-what I mean is the VA's

list of columns and dates etc that they total for a retro amount

(they usually dont send this because vets will figure out how they might have erred) make sure you take the time to go to the historical comp pages at the VA web site,

remember the Dec amount starts in January, and figure out if they sent you the right amount.

Berta

Edited by Berta