Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Naval Branch Health Clinic

Rate this question

Tweeder

Question

Hello, finally received my Service Treatment Records (STR) and there is no record of any of my visits to the Naval Branch Health Clinic in Kings Bay, CA. I was a Marine stationed on the base and was wondering if the records might be somewhere else. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or might know if they just lost them or if I need to look for them somewhere else. I went to the Naval Branch Health Clinic when I lost consciousness and would think that there would be some record of this so please let me know. I cut both my shins opened and lost consciousness twice while stationed there and went to the Naval Branch Health Clinic twice and am trying to locate those records. Thank you!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You failed to provide any dates.  These are important!  The facility itself has retention, storage and disposable protocols which would give you some idea if they still have your records.  They may ship them to another site for storage. I once actually got 40 year-old original Camp LeJuene sickbay records! You MUST contact the facility directly and ask.  Try by phone first and follow up with written correspondence.  REQUEST THEIR ASSISTANCE AND BE POLITE. This will work much better than "ordering" them to do something for you.  (I say this out of experience!  I am not always my cheerful friendly self and have paid a price for being an a-hole.  Please, don't follow my example!) You should also start locating any buddies/peers, officers (CO, OIC) and NCOs (Platoon leader, squad leader, NCOIC) who were stationed there with you who might have memories of the incidents.  Don't procrastinate!  Be persistent, but nice.  If they can't help you, ask for options, references, and advise.

Good luck, Semper Fi and keep us informed.