Question

• HadIt.com Elder

mrstix

VA 50% disabilty, Today, 02:45 AM

Delete Post Quote Post

New To This Board

Group: Members

Member No.: 417

Hello to all, I am new to fourm as of today it's a great place to be. I was awarded 50% VA disabilty $728 a month with spouse. on 22Sept-05. Will I fall under the new CRDP program? How much will I get a month for the years to come. My service connected injury was lower back and legs and hips 20% each with a combined rateing of 50%. This happened in Hungary during Allied Force working with aircraft tires and brakes. Do you think I would classafie for CRSC?

Thanks for all of you, and your help..

mrstix

US Air Force (retired Msgt 25years)

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Mrstix

Welcome to the board.

As you can see, I reposted your message to the Forum where I thought it fitted best.

The incident in question would not count toward CRSC, unless it was combat related - which by your own desription, it wasn't.

CRDP is effective as of the date that VA notifies DFAS that you are 50% or more Service Connected (SC).

The amount depends upon the rating you have from the VA, and increases each year, until eventually all your Retired Pay is returned to you (another 8 years).

If you had 25 years service and are 50% disabled (by VA) then you should still be receiving the difference between the VA amount and the Retirement amount. CRDP will additionally pay you a small amount, starting the 1st of the month after they are notified by VA.

When the program started last year it was $100 per month for 50%, how much it increased from that, depends upon your totsal retirement pay eligibility.

I suggest you visit this URL, where you will find definitive information about both programs.

http://www.dod.mil/dfas/money/retired/

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh