Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

They usually acknowledge within a few months by asking for more info-

I called the RC in 1995 myself for his acknowledgement of the FTCA claim and then

I called the GC in 1997 to make sure they got it( FTCA) as a critical piece of evidence had "vanished" at Buffalo-RC level--- beginning the stall-

I dont think they ever requested more info from me-- but the VARO failed to send them (GC in Wash DC)-when they asked for the VA med recs and stuff- the most important evidence I had. (of course)more stall-

I only found this out when talking directly with the VACO medical team.

I supplied what was missing and the settlement offer came very soon after that.

In the FTCA I filed in Sept- I have called and talked to the Regional Counsel twice and also just sent him additional evidence.

It seems that the VA got my recent FTCA claim but did not give it to him for 2 months.

I sent it directly to him also -knowing they would stall it.But he didn't.

I suggest calling VA counsel directly to make sure they got it. And it pays to establish a relationship with them right away as you have to deal one to one with them anyhow if they start making offers.

Thanks Berta,

I wasn't sure if they would send a letter similar to the VARO like "we have received your claim for xxxx"

We got the address & sent it directly to RC not thru the VARO.

How soon would you recommend calling after mailing the SF 95?

Happy Holidays!!!

I think I called about 2 weeks after I sent it . The VA PC showed the RC code(430 or 307-I forget - 2 or 3 weeks after that)

RC assured me that he only has a brief file and this is not holding up my claims at all.

In your case -counsel might not even have the files and records yet from the RO- dont know- they are user friendly-

and very easy to talk to - you might be dealing with Neil? Mid Atlantic RC region?

a superb VA lawyer ------if so- tell him I said Hi! (Berta Simmons)

I deal with Buffalo Regional Counsel (Jeff),who also is an excellent lawyer for the VA.

Edited by Berta

When I submitted a FTCA claim for the wrongful death of my father the Denver regional counsel did send me a letter stating that they had recieved my claim. If I remember correctly it took about a month to get the letter. It might depend which regional counsel office you send your claim to. It took the regional counsel 15 1/2 months to investigate and decide my claim.

Edited by otey2171