VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Permanent and Total" Application

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well with you. I am new to this site and am hoping I would get some of my questions answered.

I recently was rated by the VA 100% PTSD with SMC-S last month (Feb 2017). However, nowhere in the letter was it mentioned that it's Permanent and Total (P&T). And it did say future examination will be scheduled. I would like to have them make it P&T for obvious reasons (CH 35, ChampVA), and also because of the chronic nature of my PTSD. I was diagnosed with it since Jan 2013 and also was rated by the VA 70% PTSD at the time. Now, 4 years later, still going through it and according to their current rating, worse of.

My question is, should I apply/request the VA to make it P & T? Or should I just wait for them if or when  they will change it to P & T. And if the answer if yes, what are the chances of it getting approved? What are the negative implication, if there are any? And if I do decide to apply, how do I do it? 

I thank you in advance for the help and advice. I am looking forward to your posts.

Warm Regards

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use