VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabled Elderly Veterans Thrown Under Bus, DAV, Legion Silent On Cut Proposal, AMVETS Speaks Out

Rate this question

x020574

Question

I receive a daily blog from the Disabledveterans.org (can be found on FB too) hosted by Ben Krause, I found today's to be quite disturbing and if you are a baby boomer and on TPIU you should be too. The proposed budget cuts are unfair and age discriminatory. Disabled vets that are part of baby boom era is a huge population, which means huge $$$$$ from cut benefits that will off set tax cuts for the wealthy. What really upsets me is that the major service organizations where asked to not be oppose the budget cuts in a private meeting (thanks for nothing DAV) according to a statement in the blog. The only VSO that let the cat out of the bag is AMVETS (thank you brothers). Shame on the others for remaining quiet on this. The proposed benefit payments will be cut for disabled TPIU recipients that are 65 and older and collecting SS. Example, if you are TPIU due to un-employability and 90% scheduler and collecting SS, the proposed benefit cut will be $1,200 and the further down your scheduler rating is (eg 80%, 70%) your benefit will be cut even greater. Please help put a stop to this madness!

Moderator - if this is not the appropriate forum for this rant please move it to an area whether other vets that will be affected by these proposed budget cuts can see it. I hope they will join me in shaming all the service organization that remaining silent on this. And definitely reach out to your politicians and VSO alike, let them know you are opposed and offended by these actions should they occur.  

1 answer to this question

This needs to be put into Claim Research forum

It is just a 'proposal" and would have to formally be put into the Federal Register if this goes far enough to cause amendments to 38 USC and 38 CFR, M21-1MR etc.

If it gets that far every single person here and nationwide, vets or others, will have a chance to make public comment on it in the Fed Reg.

If I had a vet rep I would revoke them today and ask AMVETS to hold my POA. But I think MANY claimants are thinking about doing the same thing and AMVETS would be overwhelmed......a different type of 'backlog'.......but the Big 6  -the other orgs- their NSos and vet reps might have to find out where their state unemployment office is .:lol:

You can find contact info for your Congresspeople here:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/