VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received 70% PTSD Rating Today Had But 5 Other SCs Denied Without C&P Exam

Rate this question

StretchBones

Question

I was awarded my 70% PTSD rating today with Major Depression, Anxiety, Memory Loss, Insomnia, and Sleep Disturbances connected as secondaries. Alcohol and drug abuse were deemed not connected to my PTSD despite direct recommendation by the C&P examiner that they should be.

My claims for Low Back Condition, Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy, Shoulder Condition-Right, Chronic Testicular Condition, and Erectile Dysfunction were all deemed Non SC and I was never given a C&P Exam for any of these. I had Service Treatment Records including Line of Duty Injury Statements on all except ED uploaded on my claim. All were also diagnosed by VA within three months after returning from Iraq and radiology evidence and VA notes for all was uploaded as well.

My claims for Hearing Loss, Tinnitus, and Hep C were deferred and the VA called me today and I have those two C&P Exams on June 29.

My claim for Chronic Lung Disease Secondary to Exposure to Open Burn Pits and Airborne Hazards was deferred as well.

What should I do here? Should I file an appeal or refile for the claims that were denied service connection? I have irrefutable proof that these injuries are a direct result of military service. Thanks in advance for any device.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

did u get the big brown envelope yet...that is where they explain why they denied...important info on that...if you do have it...take your personally identifiable info off and post it for help

Sometimes they get deferred...and many times the RO makes an error by NOT reviewing info in your medical records. Usually its fixable...but we need to know the exact reason they were denied/deferred.