VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Currently 30% filing new fibro claim, information needed

Rate this question

Ace M

Question

After being discharged in 2009 i got 30% for cervical & lumbar strain, i have an appeal since 2011 with this for an increase as well as secondaries. In late 2016 i was finally diagnosed for my unexplained pain, fatigue and weakness with fibromyalgia after almost a decade of testing and waiting, i filed an intent to file. I got a copy of my med records, and found where the doc diagnosed me with fibro and printed that page, i wanted to know which other information i should include when i file the claim.

Should i include any and all records that mention pain and weakness?  Since some of my pain and weakness was attributed to the cervical and lumbar rating, would i use older information or only new information since my diagnosis since in my appeal they asked for new and material evidence, would that not apply to a new case?

I plan on getting a DBQ and nexus letter from my docs as well.

In 2011 i did file for depression and was awarded 30% but its not service connected, do i need a separate DBQ and nexus letter linking depression to fibro? If it is linked would backpay be sent from 2011 or would it start when i was diagnosed with fibro in 2016?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet