Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flat Feet

Rate this question

Zin

Question

Hello All,

I have posted in here before, but don't remember if this is the right place or not? Anyway I have been fighting with the VA to get compensation for my knees and back and it has been denied twice. I heard that flat feet can cause this so would I be able to get compensation for it? A little background information. My feet were declared to be flat by the MEPS Center in Spokane Washington and I was bared from enlisting. This happened in 1992. Fortunately my recruiter knew a colonel that would sign off on a waiver for me, which he did. I have no medical evidence that my feet have ever bothered me. In fact the waver I filled out for the colonel said I ran track and have never had any issues with my feet before the Army. So is it worth filing a claim? I'm currently 70% with PTSD only. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Im not understanding your question.  You said you had flat feet before service..and signed a waiver for them to get in.  

Its unclear how/why you expect VA to somehow rate your other conditions secondary to flat feet, when they are (apparently) not service connected either.  

I suggest you go back to the basics.  For initial claims, check your records to see if you have all 3 Caluza elements:  Current diagnosis, in service event or aggravation, and nexus.  

If you have all those documented, and you have at least one service connected condition you can apply for a secondary condition, provided that you have these 2:

1.  Current diagnosis

2.  Nexus, that your (secondary condition) was caused or aggravated by (a service connected condtion).  

Unless your flat feet are service connected, you certainly dont need an etiology statement that your back and legs were caused by the flat feet, as that wont fly.